Thursday, April 21, 2011

Gems and Such

I decided that I am going to start posting totals for the "end of the week" on Thursday nights from now on. This post is not the post about my totals, that will come later this evening. This post is about gems.

In 4.1, the new heroics will come out. Inside of these heroics is a lot of gear. Inside of all of this gear, there are gem sockets. Sockets need gems, right? Right. So gems are going to be in demand, but after a week or so, the supply will go down. Why? Because of the uncommon gem vendor price crash. There won't be people prospecting hundreds of stacks of ore every day, and there won't be hundreds of stacks to prospect anyways. So, I am building up a stockpile of rare gems, namely Inferno Ruby's. There are a lot of red sockets on the gear, and people will want to put red gems in other sockets as well because it is better stat-wise. I didn't put a yellow gem into my Elementium Girdle of Pain because I knew I would benefit more from a 40 strength inferno ruby than I would a yellow gem and a 10 strength socket bonus. So straight stat gems will sell best. Intellect, strength, and agility gems are what I will be selling. I am going to have a stock of 6 of each waiting and I have 5 stacks of raw inferno rubies at the moment, and am hoping to get some more before patch day hits.

Yesterday I bought 50 Shadowspirit Diamond for 5000g, or 100g a piece. I can sell my Reverberating Shadowspirit Diamonds for 140g each, which will result in a profit of 2k if they all sell for that price. I'm not posting all of them up right now, obviously, as prices are always changing. It was a heavy investment, but I will be stocked for a while and as long as I keep the prices above 106 gold, I will profit (adjusted for AH cut), and at those prices, profits will suck at 70s a gem. But I am hoping with the new patch that the new caster helm will receive some meta gem love and I can get the intellect rare recipe for cheap. If I can pick that one up, then I will get much higher profits from these metas, which will greatly please my coin pouch. My current goal is to achieve 100k by the end of the school year (so end of May). I hope I can keep up my profits until then, and meet this goal like I met my first one (I was above 50k earlier this week, but that 5k worth of metas changed that XD).

Happy Thursday, and I will post up my total gold later this evening.

Also, I am going to start posting pictures. Sometimes they will be used to further along my discussion, and other times they will not. The following is of the latter:
Also, check out http://centaurbrandon.blogspot.com/?zx=f4ff5e98be1d1a06. It is a blog my friend wrote about our friend Brandon, who is most definitely a centaur.

No comments:

Post a Comment