Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Oversight? Or intentional?

I noticed as I logged into 4.1 today that the change to cut gem vendor prices is true, and they are vendoring for 75 silver. However, something else I noticed is that the raw gems are still vendoring for 5g. Was this an oversight, or did Blizzard leave it this way intentionally? Whatever the reasoning behind it, it still gives bots a good reason to farm ore because they can sell it confidently for 20-25g a stack, because we can now just vendor the raw uncommons. The fact that these uncommons still vendor for 5g changes everything... again. 4.1 ruined the ore market and raised gems to higher prices, but the demand increased while supply decreased. With the recent discovery that raws still vendor for 5g, then the supply could start back up if others (including farmers) also noticed this change and were still confident with getting slightly smaller profits but the same rate of sales as before. I have yet to read anywhere else posting about this, so I thought I would bring it up. *Edit* Power Word:Gold, also noticed and commented on this change. This is a quick post this evening, as I have some heroics to run!

No comments:

Post a Comment