Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Tip Storm!

Since my last few posts haven't been much of tips, more of just unneeded rambling, I have decided to give a few good tips that I have learned or seen over the last few years of my WoW playing. On a side note, I have added the ability to easily add this page to your RSS feed, on the right side of the page. It was advice from another blogger, and I am happy to receive any advice people are willing to give to me. Another suggestion I received was to set up a Twitter page, which I will do in a short while, and provide a link on the sidebar for you to easily find it *EDIT* I have added a Contact Me page to the top bar that contains links to the RSS feed, my email, and twitter. I also moved the suggested links section to its own page, and I am working on compiling an addon page that will list the addons I use and a brief tutorial on how to use them. Expect that in a day or so. *EDIT*

And now, onto the tips!

Power Leveling Professions

Having many professions is an integral part of any goblin's ability to make mountains of gold. And how to level characters and professions are another important part of this. When I was low on gold, I had to level my DK's JC by picking up mining and getting most of the old world materials myself. I realized then that when leveling a character, pick up gathering professions even if you're going to drop them later on, so that you can get materials cheaper. If you're going to be in a low level area, why not pick up some low level herbs to level alchemy, or skin some beasts to level your leatherworking, or any other combination of gathering professions and crafting professions. This way, you are getting your materials as you level and will end up saving precious gold when you finally start powering through 524 levels of a crafting profession.

Pick up Recipes, Throw on AH

Sinshroud over on The Consortium Forums has written two guides on limited supply, one for Outland and one for Ironforge. While they are Alliance side guides, they can be easily adapted to Horde side. Using this simple method and a small amount of gold, you can make a decent amount, even at low levels. This is a nice and simple trick for when you move to a new server or are low on gold and need to make a quick buck. Some people just do not realize that these recipes can be bought from vendors and will buy them up for ludicrous amounts of gold.

Another Tip for Those low on Gold

You can buy enchanting vellums from the vendor for mere silvers, and some people will buy them up on the AH for more than you paid for them. Obviously research on your server before doing this so you don't buy a thousand of them and then have an "oh shi-" moment. Another way to do this is with dust of disappearance and the lower level one whose name escapes me at this time. But be careful with these, as they sometimes have high deposit costs and may end up being a loss if you post them up for too little.

Solo Runs

A thing I have learned from experience as well as from watching Raegwyn's Videos, is that running solo runs of old instances can result in some major gold. While they are nerfing a lot of these bosses, you can still make some good money. I ran through Heroic Nexus the other day for fun and achievements, and made over 200g in half an hour from selling all of the items and gold drops from bosses. This can also be good if you are low on cash at level 85, are just bored while waiting in DPS queues, or for pure nostalgia (I do them for the latter of the two reasons).

Buying Uncommon Gems and Vendoring

While this strategy will not hold out for very long, if you see any cut uncommon gems for less than 9g, buy them and vendor them. Come 4.1 this will no longer be viable, but is good for the time being.

Flipping Items

If you want to flip items, use The Undermine Journal to get a feel for how much the item you want to flip sells for normally, and then either set it up on The Undermine Journal's e-mail snatch list feature, or using an auctioneer or similar addon's feature to do this as well. Then, when you are doing a scan, the addon will pick up the lower priced auctions and let you know, so you can buy low and sell normal for profit. And profit is what we goblins are all about, right?

Hope you enjoy reading my blog as much as I enjoy writing it. If so, please share with your friends! If you have any questions, leave a comment or send me an Email, and once I get twitter up an running, you can follow me there and ask as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment